Rockingham 4WD Club Inc

Pink Snapper spots

Like to get ya line wet? Come and chat about it here, you may find we are all in the same boat o.O

Postby Oudaere86 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:51 am

So good to see a fishing spot on here! :D

So where do you guys go for a Snapper. Boat and Land based.

Only spot i go is on Garden island facing the sound and havent got one yet but alot of 35-45 cm ones. Size legal is 50cm

Will get one soon after a storm on high tide in the sound ;)
Oudaere86

Postby tinny » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:48 pm

Had a map with some spots on it for the sound a while back. If I can find it I'll email you a copy. Apart from that I find fish and chip shops are pretty good.
tinny
Committee Member

Vehicle Type: Gu Patrol

Postby brad-parker » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:01 pm

landbased there is many options you have the nrormal spots like asi groin, northmole, woodmans point, rockingham jettys, and then there is the spots no one likes to talk about so do some research on the types of structure and so on and try something different like beaches with deep drop offs and things like that or even strutcture close to the shore like mussel farms.

sorry if this may sound stupid and make it look like you know nothing but i know nothing about you so i thought i would cover the basics.
brad-parker

Postby Oudaere86 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:11 am

Any chance of finding that map tinny, Heading out tonite as its the last offical day for snapper in the cockburn sound and giving those Berkley Gulp soft plastics a go. Then Going for a camp out in Harvey Saturday night with the wife and dog and hitting Tims thicket on Sunday morning for a 4x4 and lure fish. :D 8-)

Have a grand sunny weekend everyone. :mrgreen:
Oudaere86

Postby tinny » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:50 am

What a bloody top weekend you have planned. Will try find them for you.
tinny
Committee Member

Postby tinny » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:55 am

Found the maps. I have not used them before, they were given to me years ago so can't verify how good they are but probably worth a look. PM me your email and I can forward them to you.
tinny
Committee Member

Postby Chris0189 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:57 am

Hey mate. Snapper season closed in Cockburn and warnbro sound on
The 1st October.... But today is the last day for demersal scale fish on the rest of the south west coast. Sucks hey!!
Chris0189

Postby craig » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:01 am

Oudaere86 wrote:Any chance of finding that map tinny, Heading out tonite as its the last offical day for snapper in the cockburn sound and giving those Berkley Gulp soft plastics a go. Then Going for a camp out in Harvey Saturday night with the wife and dog and hitting Tims thicket on Sunday morning for a 4x4 and lure fish. :D 8-)

Have a grand sunny weekend everyone. :mrgreen:

howd you go mate????
LIFE BEGINS IN LOW RANGE
craig
Committee Member

Postby Oudaere86 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Hey guys,

I ended up heading out on the last demersal night on Friday and got one 9.7 kg Pink snapper. BEAUTIFUL FISH and will have fillets for about 3 weeks every 3rd night. :mrgreen:

Ended up camping in the harvey hills Sat night with the misses and dog which was awesome but i lil windy early sunday morning as the side awning flipped and came down on us in the doudle dome swag. All good tho no injuries and the side awning didnt brake. Sunday was great at tims thicket in the arvo after the wind stopped and had snapper that night :D :mrgreen: :D

Tinny my email is wilson.oudaere@hotmail.com THANK ALOT Hope i catch a few next years season

P.S I know i really gotta get to a club meeting and come out for often.
Oudaere86

Postby Theswimmingtadpole » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Hey I know this was ages ago but do you mind sharing were you got your big pinkie? I'm dying to get one before the ban.
Theswimmingtadpole
Forum Member

Vehicle Type: Prado

Next

Return to Fishing Frenzy

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts